This new OMS 'hybrid' SMB is designed with a self-sealing open bottom allowing a diver to inflate it using the second stage of a regulator, but also has a no-lock LP inflator to inflate it with any (drysuit etc.) hose which also permits oral inflationcovering all methods of inflation. The SMB is a 3.3' version of the OMS 6' Hybrid and has an Over Pressure Release Valve. It is available in orange and yellow.
- “NoLock” Inflator keeps BC hose from locking on
- Dump/overpressure valve with manual pull cord
- Nylon loop to aid in stowing when deflated
- Stainless Steel “D” ring for attaching line
- Closed bottom prevents accidental deflation
- 3.3 feet long (1 meter) or 6 feet
Before using this equipment, divers are recommended to seek instruction under the guidance of a qualified instructor. This link is designed to offer tips for better deployment of surface marker buoys from depth. This is a skill that should be practiced under the guidance of a qualified instructor. Click to read article